- For 12 million you’d think Alfonso Alves can find the back of the net against Manchester City. Four clear chances were nicely stopped by Shay Given making his Manchester City debut. Some credit should go to Given but still a top level striker needs to slot one of those chances home.
– Look foolish in picking Middlesbrough as my surprise team this season. They have surprised me alright but not as the team who could finish in the top half of the table.
– Mark Hughes is lucky Manchester City won this weekend. After Jo’s two goals for Everton the press would of been all over Hughes for not getting anything out of Jo when David Moyes can.
– First Arsenal, now Chelsea. Can Aston Villa now leap frog Liverpool for second spot after another win on the road against Blackburn?
– Speaking of Chelsea, yes Chelsea got jobbed on a hand ball in the box that wasn’t called but there was nothing in their display against Hull where one could say they deserved the full three points.
– Don’t really know how Scolari will turn this mess around. With Brazil and Portugal he can invoke national pride and build this family atmosphere where his players are altogether taking on the world. Even with a Brazilian clubs like Grêmio and Palmeiras this bonding works since enough players at the club would of grown up cheering for the club. At Chelsea this style does not work. You’d be hard pressed to find five people from the top down who grew up cheering for Chelsea as a kid. These players are professionals, they play for Chelsea because of the money and their standing in world football. It’s highly unlike these players go out to a pub with each other after the game. The relationship with each other ends after the final whistle.
– I see Arsene Wenger played the blame the ref card after Sunday’s match against Tottenham. It’s a nice deflection and all but he really should be furious with Emmanuel Eboué for just being dumb. On a yellow card why in the world are you kicking out like that? With Eboue contact running out this summer Arsenal may be best served just letting him go.
– Not the biggest fan of Manuel Almunia but his save in the dying moments against Luka Modric was a key moment if Arsenal are to sneak into a Champions League spot.
– Get better Joe Kinnear, who after Newcastle’s 3-2 win against West Brom should be feeling better this morning after being admitted to hospital for high blood pressure.
– Not a game to remember but Ryan Giggs turned back the clock and was the difference between Manchester United and a West Ham team who have always given United trouble through the years.
– By the time this is posted Tony Adams should be out of a job. What a way to lose a job is all I can think of. Being up twice only to lose in the final moments against Liverpool is a tough way to lose a job. What in the world is Peter Crouch doing passing the ball back like that to set up the first goal. Dirk Kuyt should not be scoring on the short side even if his shot was a rocket. Finally why in the world is Fernando Torres given that much space for the 3rd goal. He is only the best striker in England for crying out loud. Why he is getting a free header late in the game?
– You dodged that bullet there Rafa as you would of been questioned from here to next week about your team selection heading into the Portsmouth match.
– For a player who wants to play week in and week out, you gotta finish your chances Ryan Babel. Let’s be honest Captain Dan from Forrest Gump would of found a way to score in the same spot Babel missed with a wide open net.
– José Bosingwa sure looks a lot like Bert from sesame street. (Pic on site, too lazy to link it.)
For the Best Soccer Information on the Internet Please Visit Sinnacle